The Committed Class of 2022

The Blessed Trinity class of 2022 is filled with promising athletes; many individuals have committed to play college athletics. Our students take the athletic achievement pillar to the next level. 

Principal Lancaster recognizes this impact on our school by saying “each pillar, just like in construction, holds up the whole building and sports is definitely doing its part.” Reaching college play is a huge accomplishment and our hallways are filled with these talented athletes. On top of incredible athletic performance, Blessed Trinity competes with grace with sportsmanship which leaves Principal Lancaster “beaming with pride for our entire school.” Wearing a titan jersey is an honor that many students have carried to college play. 

In listening to Florida soccer commit, Lauren McCloskey, one truly gets an insight behind reaching such a high level of play. Commitment, patience, and strength are key qualities she believes a division one athlete possesses. A lot of time and dedication plays into the recruiting process, and it is oftentimes hard for athletes to maintain mental toughness throughout. 

McCloskey expresses that the mental aspect of athletics is just as important as the physical component. Not being discouraged by setbacks is what truly allowed her to reach her goal of playing division one soccer at a power five school. 

Covid has also impacted the recruitment journey. A lot of additional individual effort from each athlete was required considering travel was limited for college coaches. Catching coach’s attention was narrowed down to countless emails and hours of film. And once again, persistence through periods of poor response is essential. McCloskey is proof that even through difficult times results will begin to show if the effort is put in. McCloskey shares what she wishes she had heard as a freshman dreaming of collegiate play– it is okay to make mistakes and to “be patient with yourself and keep grinding.”

The soccer program is certainly not the only program with a promising roster for the upcoming season. Girls lacrosse is looking to have an exciting season with most of their senior players already committed to continue their lacrosse careers. With a state championship title to defend and a high skill level on the team, these girls are sure to be a team to look out for in the spring. 

Coach McFarland shares her advice for players aspiring to reach the next level. Once again, patience is key and it is truly important to research opportunities. College athletics are a serious commitment, but she understands how fun it can be as she too played lacrosse at Randolph College. McFarland is extremely proud of all that her girls have accomplished and looks forward to seeing what this 2021-2022 season brings for the program.  

Not only does athletic achievement give each student a sense of accomplishment, but also raises the titan spirit school-wide. All the dedicated students and coaches are what make being a Blessed Trinity titan so special. Being able to support and be involved with such a renowned athletic program builds a sense of community unlike any other. And in the words of principal Lancaster, relationships like these are “what makes life worthwhile.”

Here are this year’s amazing commits: 

Cara Bianco             Volleyball      Georgia Tech

Cate Wright             Volleyball      Merrimack College

Lauren Posa            Rowing          University of Louisville

Jack Pirinelli           Football         West Point – United States Military Academy

Ryan Scott               Football         West Point – United States Military Academy

Sarah Chernik         Lacrosse        West Point – United States Military Academy 

Lucy Davis               Lacrosse       St. Anselm College

Reese Hart               Lacrosse        Furman University 

Delaney Hudson     Lacrosse        Butler University

Marisa Inoa              Lacrosse        Furman University 

Noel McClain           Lacrosse        Young Harris College

Chloe Patterson       Lacrosse        Winthrop University

Charlie Lohman       Lacrosse        Colgate University

Wilson Van Buren   Lacrosse        Georgetown University

Max Puckett              Baseball        Mercer University  

Maddy Koelsch         Soccer           University of Arkansas

Chloe Lynch              Soccer            University of North Florida 

Lauren McCloskey   Soccer            University of Florida 

Matthew McCaffrey  Football        Belmont Abbey College

Parker Spring            Baseball         Oglethorpe University

Kelly Ann Sutterfield  Cross Country/ Track & Field     College of William and Mary

Zach Burke                    Cross Country/ Track & Field     Mercer University

We are all so proud of all our committed athletes and admire their incredible dedication.

Go, Titans!